cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My internet is down, and there is no way to report it

darksyder
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

My internet has been down for over two hours, and the "24/7" number reports that the office is closed. What kind of service is this???

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

@darksyder ,

I would agree with you that advertising 24/7 support is not 100% accurate.

The support phone number and a link to live chat are listed here: Speak to a Person | Contact Us | TalkTalk Help & Support

I believe that the live chat operates on an automated system out of hours. If you scroll down to the bottom of the "Contact Us" page, it lists the actual opening hours when you can hope to speak to a human.

This forum is also available 24/7 and another customer or "community star" may be able to answer some questions, but TalkTalk staff are generally only available during the day Monday to Friday.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi darksyder

Sorry for the delay.

Your line is showing in sync and connected. Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Well, you have effectively reported it by creating this thread. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?