cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My router appears faulty - how do I request a new one?

Buster1Cat
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I do not have an internet connection. My router has shown a solid amber light since Wed 28 June. 

I also cannot locate the router on any of my WiFi devices. 
Meaning, it’s not that I can’t load page but I’m connecting, my router does not appear in the list. 

talktalk have run various line tests, checks etc over the past 7 days. They said their is a connection and it’s true my phone line has been working throughout and I’ve got a dial tone. 

and engineer came to confirm that it wasn’t an internal fault. 
couple of hassle calls to talktalk later, I managed to get an Openreach guy to visit. 
he confirmed speed and connection through master socket. He said the router is faulty, although it has power. 

im not sure what to do now. Talktalk technical team keep running line checks but that’s not going to reveal anything if the router is not working. 
I am reluctant to go and buy one so where does that leave me to test it. 

also it’s been out for 8 days and my phone data is gone. So now I’m alittle frustrated. 

thanks

Claire

Thanks
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Claire

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

From what I can see, your profile is complete, @Buster1Cat (only you and Talktalk staff have access to the information).

Staff will pick this up and reply during the day. 

Any notification emails you get will be from a No Reply address, so always reply on here.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Buster1Cat
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hey @Gliwmaeden2,

Sorry, I tried to tag this post Broadband but I was getting an error.

The staff have run multiple tests the live is perfect and Openreach agreed line is good. 

Talk Talk just keep line checking and I can't progress to get a router check or swap out. 

Also, my profile is up to date, I just don't like any of the avatar pictures but all my name/contact details were input last week, interests and signature. What else is there?

Thanks
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Buster1Cat, is this sorted?

Please let us know. 

I'll move your post to Broadband for staff to check your line etc.

They are on here Monday-Friday. 

Please complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes