cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Need VPN to log into game

Teagan1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

For the past week it takes over 10 tries to log into Secondlife, when i do manage to get online i have packet loss of over 20%. The only way i can log in first try is by turning on my VPN, also with VPN on i have no packet loss

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. This has now been escalated to a different team who are looking at this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

My contract ends tomorrow, after that I will be expected to pay £32 for a service that’s not working correctly. I have started looking else where for a different provider.
This issue has been going on for weeks apart from 3 days ( 24th,25th,26th February), which worked fine. I’m not the only person having this issue.

Im very disappointed with the help received.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Morning,

No update as yet. I will continue to monitor.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hello,

Thanks for testing and I'm sorry to hear that. I've asked the team to confirm if they made any changes and will let you know as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Its still bad, no improvement.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you let us know if this is still happening this evening and I will ask the team again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Everything was finally great over the weekend, i could log in first time, everytime, packet loss was no more then 0.2%.

BUT as of about midday Monday, im back to not being able to log in without VPN on, and packet loss over 27%.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Morning,

Have you noticed any change over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Morning,

Apologies, the team are still looking into this but I will chase for an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Any update from the engineers ?

My TalkTalk contract ends next week and it will increase in price, im reluctant to pay extra for a service that isnt working correctly.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Morning,

I'm still looking into this and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hello,

Just to advise that I've passed this to one of our Network Engineers to look into and I will post back as soon as I know more or receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Im Connected via ethernet, the packet loss is within the SL game [image taken from SL viewer stats], this is with VPN off.  SL support have tried to help, running test etc, they feel its a IP address issue. Its not just the packet loss thats a issue, its the fact i have over a dozen failed log in atempts to the viewer before i can even get online, unless i use VPN, then im fine.

Looking at the  forum post it seems im not the only person with TalkTalk have problems with SL and PL

packet loss.png
0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Morning,

Thanks for the PM. From the results I can't see any packet loss and the results look ok. Can I just confirm, are you connected wireless when this happens?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

OK thanks, could you run a set of pings and a set of trace-routes to the second life server and PM me the results 

Run a Ping or Traceroute - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Yes i have the same problem on my laptop

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Thanks for that. Do you have the same issue on more than one device?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Its been updated 👍

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Teagan1,

Can you please  update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Yes i've tried that, it didnt help

0 Likes