cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Netflix Titles not showing when connected to WIFI

aumerji45
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi all,

Hoping you can help with a strange issue I have.  Perhaps Friday night (17.02) all of a sudden I started having issues playing certain titles in Netflix (was watching them throughout the week).  Watching Netflix through a firestick, each time I launch Netflix on my broadband Wi-Fi connection these titles do not appear.  However when I drop the Wi-Fi connection and connect to my hotspot these titles in Netflix appear and work.  This is the same on my laptop and on my phone.  

When logging into Netflix (on my laptop) > help section I get a bar on the top of the screen which says:

Other STB

Netflix says 'You seem to be using a VPN or proxy.'

I do not run a VPN on any of the devices.

Please can you assist?

Thanks in advance.

A UMERJI
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi,

Unfortunately not. The only way to reset the current session is to power down the router for at least 30 minutes. If you do need any assistance then please post back here.

Thanks

Message 2 of 8

@Michelle-TalkTalk I hope it doesnt happen again, it was very frustrating specially when I was on the phone to your support team for over 2 hours trying to explain in simple english what the issue was, eventually they diagnosed my issue down to SPEED? mind blown!

Other than router downtime, is there any other faster / quicker resolution?

A UMERJI
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've seen a few number of threads via the Community, however the 30 minute router power down did seem to resolve this so hopefully this won't happen again for you.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

This is the first time this has happened to me however I have read a number of threads which reported the same / similar issue.

A UMERJI
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Can I confirm, how often does this happen?

Thanks

0 Likes

aumerji45
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thanks @Skynet_TX that seems to have resolved the issue(for now).

Question for support, looks as though some have had this sort of a problem rear its head over and over, with that said is there some sort of a permanent solution or do we have to down the router for 30 mins each time? (not practical specially when people may work from home on the daily)

Thanks in advance.

A UMERJI

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @aumerji45,

Have you tried switching your router off for over 30 minutes, this will reset your session, and can sometimes fix issues like this. Failing that, the support team here should be able to reply tomorrow to help furtuer.

0 Likes