cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fast 5364 - hidden network intermittently appears on scanner

mikeyar
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I'm on a Sagemcom Fast 5364 supplying Fibre 150 with no connection or speed problems, however, recently a hidden network appears on my wifi scanner. I've confirmed it is generated by my router i.e it disappears when switching off the router and when on it has a Mac address in a similar series to my 2.4 and 5 outputs, with a difference of only start and end digits. The signal strength and quality are almost identical to my named network.

Using the existing password does not enable a connection. I'm wondering whether it due to a firmware update I may have not noticed and to provide mesh capability or a "TT phone home" scenario.

Not urgent but any ideas would be much appreciated.

Mike

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mikeyar
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl, many thanks and spot on! ...................Mike

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

The update to V158 firmware does enable the mesh capability of the router to work in conjunction with our wifi boosters.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes