cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New fiber to the home: Cannot connect to work VPN

luke_ob1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello there,

Today I had a visit from an engineer who installed my fiber to the home and setup my new Wi-Fi Hub 2, I am connected via Wi-Fi and internet works okay but I cannot connect to my company VPN.

Unfortunately my laptop doesn't have a ethernet port so I can't try wired, but I still have my old hub, which I can use and that connects to the VPM okay.

Do you know of any reason the company VPN will not connect?

I wondered if it might be a firewall issue.

I can't return my old hub until I can connect to the VPN.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Luke

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

luke_ob1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Yes thank you I have reset and now the VPN is working. 🙂

Message 3 of 8

Hi Luke

The firmware has now updated, please can you retest?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

Hi Luke

Thank you. I will make changes to your firmware and post back to confirm once this has been completed.

Debbie

0 Likes

luke_ob1
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 5 of 8

Serial Number: REMOVED
Firmware Version: SG4K100130

When I login as admin to my hub, under Maintenance -> Software Update, it seems I can upload an ISO image file to update the firmware, so if it needs updating then you can point me to an update file

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Luke

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @luke_ob1,

This is likely to be due to the firmware version on your new Hub, some of the newest versions of firmware have been causing some issues with VPN connectivity.

The support team here should be able to help, but on that very new version of Full Fibre Hub I think they are a bit limited on alternate firmware versions they can try, however they should be able to respond tomorrow to let you know what options there are.

You can't install firmware yourself, it has to be pushed to your router by the support team here.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.