cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet For 22 Days - Terrible Customer Support - Already Charged

JakeEwanStewart
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

My internet was supposed to be activated on the 3rd of November and according to TalkTalk no engineer was needed. However, that was not the case and after a lengthly call with customer service an engineer was arranged for the 18th. 

He came, checked the socket in the wall and said that it was dead and that it needed to be corrected on Openreach’s end - He then had a phone call with them and said that it should be sorted soon. I was then texted by TalkTalk, in which they said the connection might take a few days to adjust and that they would monitor it closely. I received no other message, so I assumed given the wording and message that the issue had been corrected.

However, it has been 4 days since then and that is not the case.

I did some personally troubleshooting using the TalkTalk site, which revealed there is still no connection and when I attempted to use the live chat function for support it didn’t work at all, prompting me to call customer support once again. Customer support… provided absolutely no help whatsoever.

It wouldn’t be so bad if I could at least talk to someone who is fluent in English, that way I wouldn’t have to spend an hour repeating myself and then later answering the same questions I answered earlier. It would mean that I could easily convey the issue and seek remedy, rather than going down the dialog tree the operator is given.

Spent half the time having to repeat myself over and over, because the operator has a rather limited grasp on the English language. Then later in the call I am asked questions which I have already answered. Even later on in the call I am asked if they can call my mobile number, after checking that they are speaking to me on my landline number (which I don’t have and repeatedly said earlier) wherein I say they are not. Then, inexplicably the operator’s voice becomes so muffled that it’s no louder than the background chatter and laughter… It took them 15-20 minutes to correct this sound issue. Then, I am repeatedly asked questions which make absolutely no sense, given I have stated and reiterated repeatedly that the issue itself lay with the router’s inability to connect - Such as “what devices are connected”, “are you using a VPN, can you turn it off”, “what devices are connected (again)”, “can you use ethernet cables for devices?”. Then the internet cable was supposedly identified as the issue… despite me literally telling the operator that the issue has already been identified and that it was the socket itself and that I wanted to know its status/that to be fixed.

This is the second customer support call I’ve made, and it’s somehow worse than the originally pretty bad one where an engineer was eventually arranged.

Worst of all, is that I’ve already been billed £50 for the internet, which I cannot and have not used at all.

Your obedient servant, J.S.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @JakeEwanStewart,

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’)
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes