cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet

NM213
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

A week ago I noticed our Wifi wasn’t working, however, with running long Ethernet cables to all the TVs and various Access Points around the house it wasn’t an issue.

I then decided to reboot my router and I lost all connection to the internet. 

Unfortunately, this was the night before going on holiday and I hoped on return all would be ok.

However, after returning yesterday there is still no internet. 

I have disconnected everything and just have my router plugged into the master socket. The light goes white and the WiFi shows, but still no internet. 

I have tried the following:

1) Full reset of the router back to factory settings

2) Replaced the micro filter and cable

3) Unscrewed the master socket and connected directly to the socket within

4) Tried my old HG633 router

5) Ran a test on the line using TalkTalks website (shows everything is fine) 

6) Tried connecting a laptop directly to the Ethernet port of the router and accessing 192.168.1.1, this works intermittently and I can’t run ipconfig /renew on the laptop as it says the LAN is disconnected?????

I phoned TalkTalk and they are sending me a new router, but given I tried the HG633 and that didn’t work I am worried it is a bigger problem.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hey 

What matters to you, matters to us. That's why we're listening to more of our customers than ever before. Thinking about the interaction you've just had with us on community today. 

We'd like you to answer a few questions, but we promise it won't take any longer than five minutes. 

https://survey2.medallia.eu/?tt-digital-service&convid=24967101&source=lithium&agent=Karl+Rio&campai...

Thanks for your time & don't forget we'd like you to answer the questions based on your experience with us today. 

Take care

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi

Thats excellent, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

NM213
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

Router arrived today and has solved the problem. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

OK, lets see what happens with the new Router when this arrives.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

NM213
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Good point! Thanks.

We don’t use the home phone, nor do we have one to test. I have dialled the number and it is ringing.

The light on the router is white, it does take around 4 minutes to get to that stage though, which seems longer than it ever has previously. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

I've removed the number from your post, best not to post this publicly, add it to your 'Community Profile' so only we can see it.

All line tests are clear and I can see a connection.  What lights are showing on the router ?

Is the home phone working ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

NM213
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 7 of 9

Hi.

I am sure our old router was / is working fine. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

Can you add your home number to your 'Community Profile' so I can take a look from this end.

The new router can verify there are no hardware issues and give piece of mind that it is not the router, unless you are fully confident the older HG633 is working.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes