cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No broadband/internet.

Svarthol
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Three days ago a car destroyed the green cabinet in my road resulting in no broadband for potentially hundreds of houses on different networks. Talktalk's dashboard says everything is fine, as does downdetector. My line check says other wise.

I learnt about this not from my service provider but from a relative who had read it on Facebook.

According to my fault report log,  REP-12303520, engineer has been on the way since 28th December. I have contacted TalkTalk chat who tell me that there is a fault and an engineer is on the way. Not overly helpful. Can someone advise when the cabinet will be up and running again and will TalkTalk be providing free 4g in the interim period?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Svarthol,

I can that the issue is in hand with Openreach, the latest update is showing further work is scheduled for the 5th. Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Ok. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks. I'll leave it live pending a response.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the reply. The crumpled remains of the green box surrounded by red and white tape suggests destruction to me. Lol 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

If the cabinet is indeed "destroyed", that doesn't sound like a quick fix. If it does take a while, you should get compensation after it's been resolved as detailed here: About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

As far as I'm aware though, TalkTalk don't offer any kind of temporary alternative internet access service.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

It's also an OpenReach engineer required, so out of TalkTalk's control.

Staff can request an update from them, but any update from Openreach should flow through to their system, so it looks like OpenReach have no updated the ticket.

Perhaps someone on your local Facebook or Next Door forums may have an update from their provider?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Sadly, staff won't be back on here till after the Bank Holiday weekend, @Svarthol.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.