cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet access

Sider
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I have not had internet access since yesterday. I did the troubleshooting steps on the TalkTalk website but the result did not change. I even get the message "Oops, it looks like there's been a technical issue :-(". The light on my modem that should have been white has been flashing red since yesterday. Wired or wireless, none of my devices have internet access.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Sider

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

My router is connected to external socket with microfilter. While following the troubleshooting steps, I removed the front cover and connected it to the test socket, but there was no change, then I made the previously connection again.
I received an email saying that an Openreach engineer should be sent to my home and that I had to log in and book an appointment. But I couldn't find out how to book an appointment. Could you please tell me how to book it?
I really need the internet urgently.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Hi Sider

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi @Sider very difficult without a phone or a friend to lend. Regardless Debbie is on the job and she's a paid professional as opposed to an unpaid, non psychic, amateur. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Sometimes it helps diagnose the internet issue if you are able to check for crackling or any other problems on the phone line, @Sider. It's worth borrowing one and plugging it in just to check.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 6 of 10

I've never used a phone, only internet (for TV, computers and printer). How can I test my phone line without my landline phone?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

I've already added my TalkTalk landline number to my profile. Thank you.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Sider

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Sider how's your telephone line? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.