cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet or updates for days!

AlannaA
Participant
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

Hi,

I reported a fault on Sunday and spoke to someone in live chat yesterday. The information on my account hasn't been updated since Sunday. The account said to 'check back in a few days' if I wasn't given an engineer date/time to fix the fault. I checked back and there have been no updates. 

In the live chat yesterday, someone said an engineer is working on my fault and it should be fixed by the end of today. I asked if my account would be updated with this information. He said 'yes' and assured me my fault will be fixed. But there is no update on my account, so I don't know if what the person said is right. 

I am unable to work from home due to no internet, I am supposed to have a workman visit today, but I can't be there to let him in because I have no internet to be able to work from home. I have an autistic family number who is very frustrated. 

I need an honest answer about how long Openreach are taking to fix these faults. 

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 21 of 33

Hi Chris,

Yes please check for updates in the morning. Will we get any compensation for the long wait? 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 33

Hi Alanna,

Thanks for updating your profile. This is currently in hand with Openreach, there are no further updates at the moment but I'll check again in the morning

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 33

Thanks Chris. I have updated my home number with the new one that TalkTalk gave me. 

The phone number I had before was my previous number. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 33

Hi Alanna,

It's in your community profile 

Chris

Message 25 of 33

Hi Chris, I can't see my number on my profile. How do I check?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 33

Hi Tommy,

The question was for the OP, AlannaA

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 33

Yea the number is correct 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 33

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 29 of 33

@Tommyfrench I've just posted on the topic you created, if you can add the details to your community profile the support team here may be able to get you an update.

Message 30 of 33

It's so infuriating! Yes I agree that they should at least provide a realistic time frame, so we.know where we stand. 

They said I don't need to be in and that an engineer will fit it at the 'exchange'. Maybe it's a standard fault? Who knows? I don't have any further information. 

0 Likes

Tommyfrench
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 31 of 33

I’m the same here. Broadband has been down since Friday. My account just says that they are working on it and to check back in a few days. My daughter has work to do for her GCSE’s but can’t log on to the school to do it. It would be nice if they would just give a time frame of when it is likely to be fixed so that we can plan whether we need to take my daughter to a relatives house to get her work done or whether it will be back up and running soon.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 33

I believe 72 hours is the target time for normal faults.

However, if an engineer visit is needed you'll just have to take time off to be there or arrange a suitable adult to let them in.

0 Likes