cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

ONLY EVER GET 2MB DOWNLOAD

Billy31
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

For the longest time. I only ever get 2mb /second when I’m downloading. But when I run a speed/ download test it says 25/30mb. Why is this and how can I fix it ? 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Billy,

Are you  still only getting 2mb/s when downloading? Where are you downloading from and are you sure that it's 2mb's (2 megabits per second) and not 2MB/s (2megabytes per second)? Downloads are usually measured by default in megabytes rather than megabits

Chris

0 Likes

Billy31
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

No filter goes straight into the wall. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 16

Hi Billy,

How are you getting on? Do you have a microfilter?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Yes, you then use a micro-filter.

The router lead goes in that and the micro-filter lead goes in what looks like a phone socket which is the test socket, assuming that you have the correct type of socket. 

Did you match yours to the mk 4listed in the link?

You would also need to click through to the next bit of information, giving you:

Screenshot_20240114-151452_Chrome.jpg

And:

Screenshot_20240114-151618_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Billy31
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 16

I don’t seem to have a test socket.  It’s a openreach mk4. If I take the front off it’s just the phone cable. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Did you ever connect to the test socket, @Billy31?

The link you were sent in an earlier post shows you whether your master socket is suitable for this test.

If you can leave everything on at least, and if possible in the test socket, staff will be able to check your line again and follow this up for you after the weekend. 

0 Likes

Billy31
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 16

No one ever helps. Rather than help sort a problem they just try to get you to upgrade the package. Very disappointed 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Billy31

Sorry for the delay.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket? Your guide to main phone sockets

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

@Billy31, you were too late replying yesterday for staff to fix this up for you, and they won't be back on here before Tuesday now.

Chat is available:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Phone support not back before Tuesday either.

0 Likes

Billy31
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 16

Are openreach going to contact me ? Or are talk talk sorting it. I’ve had no response since the last message 

0 Likes

Billy31
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Okays when would this visit be? And the router is at the socket but I don’t think the faceplate is removed 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Billy31

Thank you. The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Is the router currently at the test socket? (with the faceplate removed)

0 Likes

Billy31
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

I have done. Thank you

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi Billy31

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes