cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPTP VPN (OUTBOUND) STOPPED WORKING on Sagemcom router

evanskinner
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

PPTP VPN connections no longer work to my wife's work place. A different (more secure) VPN protocol still works fine to my workplace.

A few weeks ago the PPTP connection was working just fine. I've made not any network changes. My router is Sagemcom FAST 5364-3.T8. From both Windows PCs in the house PPTP connections to external server no longer work. The connection validates the login credentials fine, but then fails to connect. Event viewer shows error code 619.

Has some recent updated killed PPTP connectivity on the Sagemcom FAST 5364-3 routers?

My router in the GUI shows the hardware version is shown as FAST5364 3.00 (but on the physical back of the device it ends in .T8) Also the software version is SG4K100130 if that helps. The uptime says 5 days so perhaps 5 days ago there was a firmware update pushed to the router that has broken PPTP?

Thanks,

Evan.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Evan

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Router just arrived and I can confirm my wife's laptop will now connect to her work's PPTP VPN.

Fantastic service, thank you very much!

I'll get the old router packaged up and posted back using the returns label ASAP.

Evan.

Message 3 of 10
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Debbie,

Excellent news. Thank you. Will report back as soon as I've tried it out.

Evan.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Evan

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Debbie,

Yes please. That would really help my wife work from home.

Thank you,

Evan

Message 7 of 10

Hi Evan

Our Products Team are investigating this issue (since the FW update)

We will need to send a different make and model of router, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

I suspect that may be the case yes. If the v130 update was what caused my router to reboot 5 days ago then the last time my wife succesfully connected to work was before that time.

Are there any alternative Windows PPTP VPN client to the built in one?

I know PPTP is outdated and insecure but that is what my wife's work are using.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Whilst most VPN clients work fine with the Sagemcom firmware V130, it has come to light that there may be problems with a few of them. This is being investigated currently by the TalkTalk Products Team. Did this stop working do you know at around the time the router was upgraded to V130?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes