cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Persistently slow broadband/disconnections

Martincr
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Hey TT team-

I’m troubleshooting my parents’ broadband which struggles to maintain a consistent level of service.

Speeds are variable, ping is high. They have the older D-Link DSL-3782 router which looks dated and insecure.

Please can I get your support to help resolve? Thanks!

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi Martin

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 2 of 21

@Debbie-TalkTalk Yes, thanks. So far, this has appeared to have resolved the issues experienced. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 21

Hi Martin

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Message 4 of 21

Hi Martin

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 21

@Michelle-TalkTalk Yes please. When can I expect that to be delivered?

Message 6 of 21

Morning,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag as the original router would need to be returned. Would this be ok?

Thanks

Message 7 of 21

@Chris-TalkTalk @I don’t have access to filters to my knowledge. We had another service drop out in the past hour but no red lights on the front of the router.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

OK thanks. Could you try connecting your router to the test socket with a micro-filter and monitor to see if there's any improvement - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Martincr
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 21

@Chris-TalkTalk This is the only socket. It’s at the point where the line enters the house.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Is this the only telephone socket, or are there extension sockets too?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

@Chris-TalkTalk Socket is an NTE 5C MK 4. Router is connected to the left-hand port.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

OK thanks. is your router currently connected to your test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

@Chris-TalkTalk Ping 17 ms; DL 58.2 Mbps currently over Wi-Fi, a few feet from the router. Had one disconnection this morning but this is a common occurrence.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

OK thanks. What sort of ping and speeds are you getting?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

@Chris-TalkTalk There's no discernible noise on the telephone line as far as I can tell. Telephone service appears okay.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

OK thanks. Line test is clear and sync speed looks OK. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

@Chris-TalkTalk Correct.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi Martincr,

Thanks for updating your profile. Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your profile your parents TalkTalk landline telephone number?

Chris

0 Likes

Martincr
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk. I’ve updated my profile with the information requested.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Morning,

Please can you add your parents name and home telephone number to your Community Profile or the Private Notes section and we can have a look at the speeds. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes