cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router flashing orange

jo1232
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

I think there may be a fault with the internet/router. It is constantly flashing orange. It will then briefly flash orange and blue before turning off completely and returning to the orange flashing light. 

I have tried turning it off for 30 minutes, I have tried resetting the router. Nothing seems to be working. 

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jo

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Joshua 

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please can you return the old router using the pre paid returns bag. Did you receive one with the new router?

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie 🙂

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

There should be a returns bag and prepaid address label in the box that the new router came in, @jo1232.

If not, staff can send you one.

Keep a note of the tracking number so that you can check that Talktalk has received it. I also ask for a certificate of posting at the Post Office to record the fact that you have sent it at a particular time. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Many thanks for your quick reply and the speedy delivery of the new router. The internet is now working, hurray! 

Would you like the old router returned? If so, how? 

Kind regards,

Joshua 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Jo

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear so I have ordered you a replacement router for testing.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @jo1232,

It could be a fault with the router, but equally it could behave like that if there was a fault with your phone line and the router could not see a broadband signal.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. You may get faster support from the live chat this evening.