cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Please help - Apple Watch 7 wi-fi calling issues

blackheartuk
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Hi, I have a new Apple Watch series 7 and I am connected to wi-fi on the control panel however whenever I have wi-fi call enabled, when I make a call, the person picks up and I can hear them but they can't hear me. When they call me back it works fine. I have spoken to Apple and they suggested a wi-fi issue. 

Can anyone help? I've tried unpairing and repairing and lots of other troubleshooting steps.

Thanks

Lisa

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

No problem Keith 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk I have sent @blackheartuk a PM.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi blackheartuk,

PM's are now enabled 🙂

Chris

Message 4 of 18

@blackheartuk I have merged your topics to avoid any further confusion and duplication of efforts.

WiFi calling is a feature from your mobile network provider, not TalkTalk, there is nothing for them to "support" for Apple watches, or any other device.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Michelle. Can you confirm if talk talk support wifi calling for apple watches? Can you please also enable my PMs so I can send Keith a message. Thank you 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 18

Hi @blackheartuk 

No, it is rather more than that. Once TT enables your PMs for you, I will PM you my guide to run some diagnostics for me to analyse for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 7 of 18

Ok no worries. I have just taken a look at my router settings and it shows 'Enable Wireless 2.4 GHz' and also 'Enable Wireless GHz' as ticked. I don't know if that helps at all.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Keith, I will keep an eye out for the PM. Thanks, Lisa

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

Hi @blackheartuk 

I can't currently send you the PM as you do not yet have PMs enabled. @Michelle-TalkTalk please can you oblige?

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 18

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith

blackheartuk
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 18

Hey, it's a Huawei HG633

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

Hi @blackheartuk 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. Whilst I have no experience with this device, I can help a lot with wireless issues. I can only guess that it is a Wi-Fi interference affecting only the WiFi band that your device is using (2.4Ghz or 5GHz band).

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. @KeithFrench - Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 14 of 18

So weirdly I unpaired my device completely and repaired it and I rang a few people on their mobiles and it worked fine via wifi however when I rang them it was rang like an international dialling tone like I was ringing overseas. Then I rang my landline number (the one connected to my talk talk account) and it rang but it's gone back to not working again

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi,

I've just posted on your other topic now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've not come across this before. Has this never worked since was set up? Did they suggest what they thought the wifi issue is?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 18

Hi there,

I am having issues using wi-fi call on my new apple watch. When I call someone, they can't hear me but I can hear them. it works fine on the non wifi connection. I've tried unpairing and repairing to my phone to no avail.

Please can you help?

Thanks

Lisa

#wifi 

0 Likes