cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Printer won't link to router

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

I posted this yesterday but it's gone!!!!!!!!! I have the new(ish) router to give me Fibre 35 and I cannot link my printer to it. I have contacted Epson and they told me to find out the following from Talktalk.  Is the router running on dual band? My printer only supports 2.4ghz frequency and not 5ghz.  Also the channel of the network needs to be set to 1, 6, or 11. Can anyone help and hopefully this question won't disappear this time!

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Dilcia

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 16

Thanks to everyone!! I have my new router and did the connections as per my previous post as per Epson instructions. It was a bit weird as the WIFI red and green both were on NOT flashing. However, I went on to the laptop and did a printer connection test and it worked. Thank you all again !!!

Dilcia
Ancestry research

Message 3 of 16

Hi Dilcia

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

Yes please and I hope that will sort it!!

Dilcia
Ancestry research

Message 5 of 16

Hi Dilcia

I'm sorry for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

Then let's try a different router. I will ask TalkTalk on your behalf to consider doing this. They won't reply now until at least tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

I did exactly as you said and tried it again and the Wifi is flashing red so it didn't work. Help!!

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

OK, the Huawei HG635, thanks for that. Please log into the router from a web browser by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. You will need a username & password, by default both of these are:-

admin

Then go to:-

Home Network > Wireless Access > Wireless Network Protected Setup

Ensure that Enable WPS is ticked and the option WPS by pushbutton is selected and then click Save.

Then try again & let me know if it works.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Sorry not very good at all this. On the back it says super router HG6365 is that it?

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Hi @Dilcia 

TALKTALK28B06E is your network name (SSID), not the make/model of the router. WPS may well be disabled in your router, but I can't tell you how to check this & enable it if required, without knowing which router that you have. There should be a label on the rear of it that has this information on it.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

The router is TALKTALK28B06E and the printer is Epson XP245 expression home.

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Sorry I did this but it didn't work. See my reply to Keith

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

I followed the explanation from Epson and it didn't work so they told me to contact Talktalk. as below

Please follow the instructions I am sending below precisely and in the order they are written in to help connect the printer. 

1. Turn the printer off, and restart your router
  2. On your printer, hold the power button and ´i´ button at the same time for 10 seconds. The printer will turn on. Wait for the wifi light to go out before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Disconnect any boosters / wifi extenders, and move the printer as close to the router as possible, ideally in the same room before the next step.
  4. Follow the guidance below for WPS setup:

1. Hold the WPS button on the router down for 5 seconds. You may get a flashing light on the router.
  2. Hold down the Wi-Fi button on the printer for 3 seconds. The Wi-Fi lights will flash green on the printer.
  3. The two devices will now attempt to pair. If the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi light will go solid green. If the connection fails, the Wi-Fi light will flash or go out.
  4. If the connection does fail, please turn off your printer and your wireless router and move the two devices closer together. Turn both back on and attempt the above steps again. Once the printer is connected, you can move it further away from the router. 

This did not work so I replied to them and they gave me the instructions as I put at the beginning of this post.

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

@Dilcia 

I do not know if this solution will be of any help but it may be worth a try.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Technology/New-Router-and-Epson-XP-245-won-t-print/m-p/2797135#M...

Fred_Sheehan
Philosopher

on ‎28-07-2021 03:39 PM

Message 6 of 6

This is taken from the manuals available for your printer here;

https://www.epson.co.uk/support?productID=20002#manuals

The most relevant bit I have copied and pasted below for you;

Making Wi-Fi Settings by Push Button Setup

Hold down the [WPS] button on the access point until the security light flashes. (the WPS button on the router itself)

If you do not know where the [WPS] button is, or there are no buttons on the access point, see the documentation provided with your access point for details.

Network connection from printer;

Press and hold WiFi button on the printer's control panel until the green light on the left and the orange light on the right alternately blink (approximately 3 seconds).
The connection setting will start.

Green light on the left and orange light on the right will simultaneously turn on when the connection is established.

Orange light on the right will be automatically turned off within 5minutes.

Note:
The printer is in a connection error status when green light on the left is off and orange light on the right is blinking.
After clearing the printer error by pressing the WiFi button on the control panel, reboot the access point, place it close to the printer and try again.

Hope this helps

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have & what model number is your Epson printer? Are you trying to connect via WPS or manually entering the password? If your printer only supports the 2.4GHz band, it is irrelevant if it is dual-band or not, as these routers support both the 2.4 & 5GHz bands.

Keith

0 Likes