cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Request new router

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Please send me a new router. I will send my current router back.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

The wifi range should be a bit better if anything. Could you switch the router off for 30 minutes then switch back on an check to see if there is any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 25

Yes, I see this on multiple devices. The speed test result is the same as before, but this delay at the start is new to this router. Also, this router appears to have a significantly shorter wifi range, despite being in the same spot.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

And is that the same on all devices? Is it noticeably slower than your previous router?

Chris

0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 25

It takes around 5 seconds to start loading the first page. Once that starts, it behaves normally. There is no error message, only the usual loading bar of the browsers on the devices.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi UserPerson,

What actually happens when you try to connect to the internet on a device that has been idle or off, do you initially get an error message?

Chris

0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 25

Yes, I have been using it for nearly four days. It appears to hold connection to the internet for longer, but a worse service to wired and wireless users at home.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi UserPerson

Did you receive the replacement router?

0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 25

The issues are worse than before, on multiple devices and throughout the day. It takes longer to start using the internet after a device has been idle or off.

I see that my router's connection time is over 3 days.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Good morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25
0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 25

Thank you very much.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 25

Yes please.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

OK thanks. I can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 25

I continue to have the same problem this morning.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and monitor to see if the disconnections continue. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 25

I have one socket, with the faceplate on, and the router and phone connected to the correct ports. I used the test socket and a microfilter about a month ago.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Thanks. Line test is passing but I can see that there have been some disconnections recently. How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router currently connected to the test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

UserPerson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 25

I've done that now.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Thanks. Could you add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes