cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Cannot Sync

piston
Philosopher
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Router etc working fine Wed am, turned off whilst away over day/night. Tried to connect this (Thurs 23) am: no internet, solid orange light.

On boot router does usual: flashing orange light, then flashing white... which continues for much longer than usual and then continuos orange which seems to be permanent with no internet connection.

Have tried: test socket and changed filters and cable to router (RJ45) to no avail.

Tried RESET button: no change. Tel. line sounds fine, loud, clear, noise free.

No spare modem (TT demanded return or charge for last one).

Am posting from daughter's house since I have no WiFi/Internet and cannot remember router model, nor can I do anything to test my home connection(?) since home is  a dead zone.

Use the internet to diagnose total loss thereof....yikes! Is there still a free from landline TT helpline

number?

Last issue turned out to be an exchange fault (not for the first time) but I am totally stuck and communication v. difficult.

SOS

Piston

'I can hear music coming out of my printer. I think the paper’s jammin’ again'
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that your connection is now working again.

Thanks

piston
Philosopher
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Good Morning Michelle,

Thanks for the quick response but I post this from Piston Towers using the seemingly resurrected router!

Having got nowhere yesterday, even leaving 1hr between reboots to create new sessions, nothing worked.

Went to bed last night having made a reluctant decision to leave the amber-lit 'corpse' switched on overnight and expecting nothing beyond maybe a house fire.

This am (early) I was met by a bright white-lit, working at full-speed, piece of kit 😃 Yay!

Logs suggests DLM or similar made two visits overnight switching on/off and resetting all sorts of acronyms and by 3am all was good.

So for now, thank you for the offer but I think I'll cross my fingers and sit tight (and list some local WiFi venues just in case).

Thanks again and I hope not to bother you further. Thanks to DLM I can now go online and do all the end-of-month bill paying etc chores.

Regards

P

'I can hear music coming out of my printer. I think the paper’s jammin’ again'
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a few tests on the line now which are clear. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks