cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router locking up

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

TalkTalk WI-Fi Hub Sagemcom 5364 version SG4K10002816t

I've had several instances of individual wired connections to the router locking up. Doing a SW reboot on the router or power cycling it fixes the issue. As near as I can tell the router is otherwise still working. The other wired connections and the WIFI still work fine when in the "locked up" state. When in this state one wired connection only locks up. Also its not always the same physical socket that locks up. It appears like the NAT table on the router for that socket has frozen.

Is there a more recent version of the firmware I can try ?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. Is the connection/router still ok since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I'm running with the substitute TalkTalk WI-Fi Hub Sagemcom 5364 version SG4K100136 router that was sent me back in January I think

On the whole it seems to be working OK. My son reckons it dropped out once but I was unable to verify that not like the plug freeze I was seeing. I've had one instance where it stopped propagating the DNS but mainly its been fine and Wifi has completely stopped once and needed to be turned off and on to restore. 

0 Likes

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 15

I'm running with the substitute TalkTalk WI-Fi Hub Sagemcom 5364 version SG4K100136 router that was sent me back in January I think

On the whole it seems to be working OK. My son reckons it dropped out once but I was unable to verify that not like the plug freeze I was seeing. I've had one instance where it stopped propagating the DNS but mainly its been fine and Wifi has completely stopped once and needed to be turned off and on to restore. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi,

Can I just confirm, which make and model of router are you currently using?

Thanks

0 Likes

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 15

I have 3 independant IOT devices that synch up from an Internet time source that log information via FTP data files to two FTP servers on the internet (Both with the same IP address) before the 17th of May all  logging worked fine. After the 17th of May and ongoing I get connection errors to from all the devices for some log files. They are log files that occur at 04:10, 08:10, 12:10,16:10 and 20:10 every day ! Log files occur every 10 minutes and all the rest log correctly. The FTP connection error is generated because there is no Reverse DNS set on the Domain. This I discovered from the Customer Support of the FTP server. So I have moved one of the devices into another house and ISP suppliers (Sky I think) the IOT device that was moved now logs fine to the Same FTP server I am using. The ones left connected via TalkTalks internet are still generating errors. This suggests to me that Talk Talk are not setting the Reverse DNS lookup for my IP address for a period every 4 hours.  I suspect that you are performing some maintenance every four hours that is blocking the function. The date 17th of may is doubly relevant because that is date my talk talk public IP address changed. Please can you tell me why connections from a IOT device connecting using SKY sees not errors and the two on Talk Talk see Reverse DNS lookup not set errors every for hours. Regards Ian

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 15

Hi Debbie,
Thanks I have installed the replacement router, It appears to be working OK, the typical failure time has been in the order of a month.

I will monitor the replacement and see if the lockup recurs. I cannot be more certain about the time to failure because my son have discovered he can reset the router to restore his internet connection and is less patient.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Ian

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 15

Hi Debbie,
Yes please it would eliminate possibility the Hardware being faulty.
Thanks
Ian

Message 10 of 15

Hi harveyi

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Also when the Sagemcom port connecting to the Router froze the Port connecting to the HUB was still working and the devices on the HUB were resolving and Pinging 8.8.8.8 Ok

0 Likes

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 15

I have added my Phone number to my profile. Both of the ports that have experienced Lock-ups on the Sagemcom have LAN cables connecting them to a HUB and Router respectively. When the port connecting to the HUB has locked all devices on that HUB failed to route to the Internet pinging 8.8.8.8 also would not work. When the Sagemcom port to the Router is  locked all the devices on that  Subnet were disconnected from the internet (and could not ping 8.8.8.8). I don't think it is DNS resolution because pinging 8.8.8.8 was not working in either scenario. When the port connecting the Subnet Froze all the devices on the Subnet were still visible to each other. When the port connecting to the Subnet froze I used a Laptop on Sagemcom WIFI to prove the internet was visible (DNS was resolving on WIFI) I also used that laptop to reset the Sagemcom Router with the diagnostic tools menu to clear the fault.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

There is a known issue with that firmware version that can cause DNS resolution to stop working, but that does tend to usually affect more than just a single device.

You could try a factory reset if you wanted to by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds, however this would lose any settings you may have ever changed in the router.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi @harveyi,

There is a newer firmware version, but the rollout is currently paused whilst TalkTalk investigate an issue.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes