cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router not connecting to internet

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

As of last night/this morning, my router has stopped connecting to the internet.
Before this it had been working perfectly since I set it up in July 2019.

Now it shows a constant orange light, the GUI states "Your router seems to be disconnected from the network.", and I cannot connect to the internet.

I ran the line check in the service centre which reported that my line was fine. I ran this while tethered to my phone (so that I could access the site to begin with) and connected via ethernet to the router - I presume the line check tool knows to test the router connection, rather than using the mobile network connection?

I have also checked the cables etc to make sure everything is connected properly, and have replaced the microfilter and connected it directly to the the test socket in the master socket.

I have tried a reboot, a reset using the reset button on the back of the router, powering off for an hour and rebooting, and a factory reset, but am still unable to connect to the internet.

Unfortunately I do not have a phone with which I can test the phone line, nor do I have a spare router to test.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mihaela
Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi @Nicpo1

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Nicpo1,

You will need to start a new topic of your own for the support team here to be able to help, as they can only help one customer per topic. In your new topic, if you can explain exactly what problem you are having then the team here should be able to pick it up and help when they return tomorrow.

Nicpo1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 12

Hello, i am having this exact same problem and have been since 4th February when my broadband was supposedly 'upgraded' to fibre. No broadband connection and a message saying 'not able to identify router or its software version'. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi mishaelaaaa

Thank you.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Debbie

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

@Debbie-TalkTalk thanks, I have just done that! 

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca

Message 6 of 12

Hi mishaelaaaa

Please can you add your TalkTalk account number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I never knew the number by heard, always checked it on My account. I only know the account number... but as far as I know, the number is correct

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi mishaelaaaa

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

mishaelaaaa
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk , thank you, I have now updated my profile with my talktalk phone number. Not sure what is going on, I have tried to log on to My Account and now that's restricted as well, don't see how these two issues would be connected... after having the no internet issue (which is still outstanding), I did speak to an agent to ask if I can cancel my contract, but I was told to ring up and discuss further, so there was no actual agreement on me cancelling my contract, there was no date set when the contract would end, nothing... this is getting really frustrating, especially as this happened right when I started a fully remote job...

Mihaela-Roxana Ghioca
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @mishaelaaaa,

If you have a solid amber light then that tends to mean your router is physically connected ok (i.e. it can detect the signal on the phone line), however it is unable to log into the TalkTalk network.

If you were able to borrow a landline phone just to check the line that would be helpful, you could also dial 17070, this would read back the phone number of the line, so you could check that the number that is read back matches the one shown in 'My Account'.

The staff on this community probably won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

If you were logged into 'My Account' to run the line test it will have correctly tested the landline that is linked to your 'My Account'

0 Likes