cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Rubbish broadband

Fazal1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi, 

I've been having a problem with my broadband for 3 days now. It keeps coming and going and I am extremely fed up of this. 

According to British law, if the speed shows under 7Mbps, I am able to cancel mid-contract without a fee. If no action is taken for this, I will cancel my direct debit. 

I am trying to attach screenshots of the low internet speeds shown by fast.com but am unable to. 

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Fazal

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Fazal1

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

@Fazal1 , you are completely incorrect about 7 Mbps being any sort of legal trigger for cancelling.

You can embed screenshots in the body of your post using the normal camera icon in the menu bar at the top of the box on a laptop or the photo icon on a mobile device.

You cannot add any pictures as attachments.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I think you need to brush up on your law!

You should never cancel a Direct Debit as it can cause you all sorts of issues later on including penalty fees being added for late payment and it may affect your credit rating too. You are covered by the DD guarantee so should get your money back if there is any issue over payments.

TalkTalk staff will look at your issue and respond in order of threads posted, usually within 48 hours.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).