cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Shambles

DisgustedUser
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have had dropping out and choked speeds for over 3 months, have raised countless faults ,the result is always the same ,an engineer supposedly comes out, fixes the problem for a day or 2,then it reoccurs ,rinse repeat. The BT engineer that once came some months ago, tells me the entire system is rotten in my street and to leave Talk Talk and get on BT fibre .It's very clear now who has been uneconomical with the truth,hint,it wasn't the engineer.

So I wait for days to hear anything about faults on the site and then magically it disappears ,no problem ,woohoo ,it's fixed ,oh joy of joy, but no it is just an appallingly bad system from the very bottom to the  rotten top, nothing works. This has ruined my Christmas, this has ruined my New Year ,in short it has blighted my life these last 3 months.

All this for the absolute pleasure it is to drop nearly £40 a month on the most appalling service, and customer service I have ever encountered. Of course I didn't sign up for this ludicrously exorbitant rip off price but when my contract ran out you arbitrarily decided this was how much I should fork out for your reject services. As my housing provision is uncertain right now I've been unable to move providers ,a fact TalkTalk clearly enjoy exploiting to the detriment of their customers.

No ethics ,no morals, no business acumen whatsoever .I will never consume another product from you or any affiliates for the remainder of my days .In an industry which is in an epic race to the bottom I must congratulate you for  seeming to be feeding there already and  for some time.

I would urge others to follow suit and consign dinosaur companies such as this to the dustbin of history where they belong.

Happy New Year TalkTalk and may I most sincerely wish you every misery  and affliction it is possible for man to endure for 2024 and beyond.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this and we can look into this further for you. Can I just confirm what issues you're experiencing with your connection at the moment please? Is your voice service also affected?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

@DisgustedUser ,

If the issue is the copper wiring in your street deteriorating then I can't see that there is very much TalkTalk can do about that, other than keep passing it over to Openreach to investigate, as Openreach are the ones who own the wiring.

The best idea may well be to move to a full fibre service, if available (with any supplier) as the Engineer suggested, but of course that would require tying yourself into a new contract, which you don't want.

As for your package price, the way it works is that when you are tied into a contract period, you are getting your service at a discounted rate. When the contract period ends, the price reverts to the full price for that service,  It's not arbitrary.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

@DisgustedUser 

If you could explain the precise issues you have been having then I am sure the support team will try to help. 

Message 4 of 6

I would say it wasn't me who moved it but it's actually been moved to a containment area as posting the same topic more than once is considered spam under forum rules and delays responses to those who are awaiting replies to their issues.

The containment area is not available to view to customers and removes it from the workflow, hence why it appears not to work for you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

DisgustedUser
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Thanks so much for removing/deleting my last repost and replacing it with a link  that ,like everything associated with your company, simply does not work.

0 Likes