cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sonos issues

Kilma
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

We have the Sagemcom Hub 2 (version sg4k100174) and I'm having problems seeing my Sonos speakers appear on the Sonos app. I set up the 4 speakers and connected them all to the router (wirelessly) but then they don't appear on the Sonos app. After reading up on this it seems like a common problem with this router and I might need to change some settings which stop the Sonos app and speakers jumping from one channel to another? Any help would be appreciated (fyi @KeithFrench )

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

're very welcome.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi @KeithFrench I split the bands 2.4 and 5 and that seems to have worked. Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

With the SSID names split they will only connect to the 2.4GHz band, but if you change the 5GHz one back as I recommended it should be able to connect to that one as well. Sorry @Kilma most Sonos speakers I have ever dealt with only support the 2.4GHz band & associated apps only work correctly when connected to that band only. What model numbers are your speakers?

There are several reasons why a 5Ghz device will not connect to that band, such as distance etc as 5GHz roughly has half the range of the 2.4GHz band. When I know your answers, then I can hopefully help further.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Kilma
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Hi @KeithFrench that didn't work. Sonos just kept trying to connect to the 2.4GHz channel and doesn't give you the option to connect to the 5GHz one. Should I switch off the 2.4GHz and try again?

0 Likes

Kilma
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Thanks @KeithFrench.

No, I haven't tried that yet but I will later and let you know how I get on. Cheers!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Kilma 

Thanks for creating your own thread.

Have you tried renaming the 5GHz WiFi band's network name (SSID) in the router's Advanced settings by adding "5GHz" to the end of it (minus the quotes)? Then add the speakers to the Sonos app & then once done, you can rename the 5GHz band back to what it was before.

Keith