cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Speed Profile

rhyllon
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I had a fault on my line earlier in the month. Since the fault has been fixed the speed has stayed low. My SNR is 34 and attenuation is 36 so it's clear my synch speed is capable of being increased but it is just staying on 1Mb. I used the online chat and spoke with an operator for 2 hours. I don't think he understood what a speed profile was so just kept asking me to do generic tasks like reset my router settings and unplug various connection and mess with the master socket. I then called the phone support and they understood a bit better but once they started doing their thing the line dropped and when I tried to call back they had closed. The synch speed is still at 1Mb and has been like that for 2 weeks. I just want someone at tech support to bump me back up to 10Mb so I have usable internet ever the holidays.

Could someone from support get in touch to assist with this issue?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi rhyllon

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks, all great now

Message 3 of 6

Hi rhyllon

I'm sorry for the delay.

I have optimised your connection and the sync speed has increased to 14.3mb.

Please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 6

Thanks. I've updated the profile. Hopefully that has the info needed for them to find my account. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @rhyllon,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond within the next few days.