cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Speed well below the guaranteed minimum at new property

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I just moved from an area that had CityFibre to an area that doesn't. I expected a drop in speed, but I was convinced to stick with my Fibre 65 package by the retentions team. My minimum guaranteed speed is around 33Mbps (so basically Fibre 35), but on various speed tests, I am not reaching beyond the mid-20s. The upload speeds are pathetic, not getting into double digits. I am guaranteed more than twice the current upload speeds as a bare minimum.

The Openreach engineer had a massive hassle trying to get the line working properly, and found faults at both ends, then was scratching his head at why the speeds were so low. He told me I should expect much closer to 65Mbps given how close I am to the box. I was also alarmed to see that TalkTalk is only guaranteeing minimum speeds of 27Mbps to new customers with my postcode. I feel that my retention may have been mis-sold by TalkTalk if that is the case.

I am still comfortably within the 10-day connection stabilisation period, but the engineer advised me that realistically the adjustment period takes about two days. I will keep an eye on the connection speeds as the 10 days elapse, but I would hope that TalkTalk would be keen to investigate the line as quickly as possible within the next 30 days after having made such an effort to retain me as a customer at this new address. The speeds have not improved from those the engineer was quoting and scratching his head over while fitting the line. If anything, they have declined during the stabilisation period.

It is really, really frustrating that the only way to write to you, outside of spending an hour or more during the working day on live chat, is this public forum. How is having agents replying to threads more helpful, or more efficient, than just having them answer emails? I would also rather not have to take time out of my working day to wait in long call centre queues either. It really shouldn't be this difficult to speak to customer service staff whenever we have issues, especially as we are locked into long-term new contracts any time we have a change of address.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

You have to laugh, don't you.

They had time to write a huge 4 paragraph initial post but no time to stick a phone number or account number in their profile to allow staff to help them.

Even more ironic that they've now closed their forum account to be made "Anonymous" when the point is that they were completely anonymous anyway.

Message 2 of 6

Good morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

@Anonymous,

You can't post any personal information details on the open forum pages, so, for staff to identify your account, you MUST complete the information. 

Your email address in there doesn't tell them your account number  - many Talktalk customers use non Talktalk email addresses for notifications from the forum and to register on here, so the email address is simply not sufficient. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

This is so silly. Who has time to jump through all these nonsense hoops just to be able to write a message for a provider of a service they're paying good money for? TalkTalk already has my email details on record; there is no good reason why I should have to make this much effort to be able to write a message to them about my account and for it to be verified.

Thank you for letting me know all the same. It would have been more frustrating not to know why I was not getting a response.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details for TT staff support during the day, @Anonymous.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes