cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New username

LUDDITE!
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi all I  don't know where to put this, sorry if I am wrong.

I have just logged into the community and have gone through the new login and was not given the opportunity to use my current username, I now have a slightly different username and am now a "newbie"

Not a problem just an observation.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

OK, that is done now, so you should be able to link your old account when you are ready

Chris

Message 4 of 14

Message 5 of 14

Hi Chris, I did do it on my phone so I am sure you are right.

please disconnect my new account and I will try again when I can do it on my pc.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

OK. We think that what may have happened is you've entered your old username in the create new username box which wont work, you should have chosen the option to link your existing account. Please see - New Community Login - Everything you need to know - TalkTalk Help & Support

If you like we can manually disconnect your new account which will allow you to link your old (existing account) when you next try to log in - would you like us to do this?

Chris

Message 7 of 14

Message 8 of 14

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

OK, I'll see if I can find out what went wrong and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

I entered my username and was taken to create a new login, when I tried my "old" username a message said that it was already in use and to create a new one. I did not see anywhere an opportunity to use the old one, I did look but could not find anywhere to enter it.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

OK thanks. And what happened when you tried to log in with your old username? Did you get an error message?

Chris

0 Likes

LUDDITE!
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back to me, it was simply " LUDDITE"

I HAVE JUST ADDED "!"

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi LUDDITE!,

Could you just confirm your previous username?

Chris

0 Likes