cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

THIS JUST CANNOT BE A REAL EXPERIENCE?

OLIVER1231
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Yesterday I had my line upgraded from copper to CAT5.

My CAT5 doesn't work, my copper doesn't work.

I have no internet. 

I have spent two days chatting to AI bots or possibly real people, each one I speak to before we get started I tell them what is going to happen.

I tell them "you're going to ask me the same question I've been asked by the previous 35 people, you're going to tell me it's terrible, you're going to go away for 5-10 minutes, then you're going to tell me you can't help, and you're going to pass me to the next person, and they're going to do the same."

This is an endless loop that never stops.

I then spent hours upon hours in queues on the phone, forcing my way through. I get through, they put me on hold for 20 minutes at a time. Then they tell me "we can't help you and we're putting you through to another department." 

Then the whole process starts again.

I have 35 names I've spoken to on chat, and 16 names I've spoken to on the phone.

I still have no internet.

I still am paying talktalk for nothing.

Why are you taking my money?

Why are you not helping me?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Good morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and please let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Michelle, 

Everything is totally working so big thanks to you for saving the day!

It's crazy that I had to come on her to get help, as opposed to talking through the chat bot or calling TalkTalk. Seems like a crazy way to operate, very resource heavy for TalkTalk and frustrating for the customer. 

Also incredibly that so many people had the issue and couldn't help, yet you fixed it basically instantly. 

Anyway, luckily for me you sorted everything out. 

Thank you! 😎

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Thanks for confirming. I'd recommend raising a damage report via the Openreach website directly as they will be able to look into this specifically for you.

I'm back online around 6.30 am tomorrow morning so any issues then please just post here later and I'll get back to you first thing.

Michelle

Message 4 of 15

Great thank you! Can't wait to get home to try it out 🤞

It was open reach.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

No problem. Our team have identified the issue and made a change from our side. It now looks active and connected to me from here so hopefully this should be working for you. If not then let me know. In regards to the damage, was the work completed by Openreach or CityFibre please?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 15

Hi,

Unfortunately I've had to go into the office to work, and I won't be able to get home till about 4pm, frustratingly 😞

Thank you for at least trying to do something, which is more than the other 35 odd people I've asked for him from so far.

I will rush home as soon as I can to test it, fingers crossed! Will report back here straight away 🙂

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hello,

Would you mind retesting and confirming if your FTTP connection is now working please?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 8 of 15

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi again,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm currently looking into this for you now so I'll post an update back shortly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Michelle,

They did install the ONT box.

They also drilled multiple holes in my brickwork outside by mistake and did not fill them, so that rats/mice can get into the cavity.

They also left all this brick dust everywhere for me to clear up which has scratched my flooring.

This was the first set of engineers, the second engineer to come that day I couldn't fault.

Although no one got my internet working, well, they turned my existing internet off.

So currently gone from having internet, to not having internet, and permanent damage to my home.

Then of course the mad experience with talktalk in the two days since.

Router is flashing amber.

Cheers 🙂

OneOneTwoTwoThreeThree

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Morning,

Thank you. I'll look into this for you now. Can I just confirm, did the engineer install the ONT box on the wall and what lights are currently on the ONT and the router please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Michelle,

All updated, thank you!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

@OLIVER1231, hopefully staff will be able to help - they will be on here during the day Thursday and Friday. 

Please add your Talktalk phone number or account number to your profile by going via your avatar  / forum name; settings; drop down menu. Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

All being well, once this is resolved, there should be compensation if you have had complete loss of service etc. Details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.