cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Talk talk Wi-Fi extenders

imken
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Why do I have to re set my extenders every few days

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

OK. I'll swap out the adapters and get a returns bag out to you for the old set.  This will help check if it is the adapters that are failing.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

imken
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Connection does not fail. I can still do routine browsing but streaming is a no no because speed drops to <= to 4mbps. All lights are correctly showing green. It’s just as if the pairing has dropped and the signal then becomes very weak because of my distance from the router. If I go upstairs and sit next to the router everything is ok.

Many thanks for your time on this 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

You mention the speed drops, but does the connection fail altogether and the lights on the adapters go out or does the speed just lower and the lights on the adapters go amber etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

imken
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Extenders are less than 12 months old. Bought from talktalk. Router is one floor above my normal workplace and first extender is obviously connected to router with Ethernet cable. Extender is plugged directly into 13 amp socket not an extension cable. Second extender is plugged in to wall socket in room where I am working.

Three green lights are showing consistently on each extender. Only adverse effect is every week or so download speed drops from average of 40mbps to around 4mbps. If I re pair the extenders everything is ok again until the next time. Any thoughts would be appreciated. This is a large old house with 12” solid walls so a signal boost is essential and not possible to bring telephone cable directly into ground floor where I work.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi

How old are the extenders ?  Are these plugged directly into wall sockets and not extension blocks ?  Are these on the same circuit / floor level.  Some houses can have different circuits for upstairs / Downstairs etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

In order to answer that I need to know what is the exact problems are & what the lights are showing just before you reset them.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes