cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Terrible customer service

Stephen005
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Just swapped from sky. Supposed to go live on 24 May, now 29th and still no broadband. Initial problem with Openreach fixed on 28th and received email from tt on 29th telling me system now live but it's not. Router goes through it's start up then just goes to solid amber. Spent over 4 hours today trying to sort it out by talking to stupid bots, texting on chat line and whattsapp and talking (texting) to technical experts!! How the hell do you actually speak to a human being is beyond me.

Still nothing sorted.

This morning the order processing people told me there was a tt system problem which would take 3-5 days to fix, this afternoon received email saying it was live but it was no different. I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.

I thought sky service was difficult but now I realise it was great in comparison to this. I'm 72 visually impaired and not a tech buff but get by with it ok in general, but not being able to talk to someone except on a phone keyboard is a nightmare. I hope some help materialises somewhere along this horrid road.

Steve coates
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning Stephen,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved. Apologies it wasn't resolved in the first instance. If you need any further assistance then please just post back here and we'll be happy to help.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

@Stephen005, 03451 720088 is available during the day till 7pm, Monday to Friday and till 6pm on Saturdays.

That's the number for ALL support queries. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Stephen005
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

Finally got sorted with my broadband, turned out it was an Openreach issue. Trouble is it took 8 days to sort out and about 6 hours talking to bots and texting people in god knows what country when a simple human to human telephone conversation could have got it sorted in a day or two. I don’t know why TT are so  against letting you phone them and make it so difficult to achieve.

Steve coates
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Stephen,

I can see that this has been raised to Openreach for investigation. If you don't hear anything by Monday can you bump the thread and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks for updating your profile, @Stephen005.

This means that staff will now be able to identify your account. 

They'll respond during the day, so keep an eye out for replies to get ahead with this before the weekend. 

0 Likes

Stephen005
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

updated profile as suggested

Steve coates
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@Stephen005, staff will be on here during the day to look into this. They respond Monday to Friday. 

Please complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account and investigate for you.

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....add relevant information in Personal Information and SAVE CHANGES. 

0 Likes