cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

iPhones disconnecting from Sagemcom router

Sebastian8
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

For the last week or so my phone (iPhone 11 Pro) and my wife's phone (also iPhone 11 Pro) has been dropping off the network as soon as it connects ie it connects whilst in the wifi section of our phones but then drops off. Hadn't bothered me until today when I realised I don't actually have unlimited GB on my phone...

I have tried changing channels, only to find out the wifi optimisation on the router seems to change them (fairly sure I didn't choose 1 for 2.4 earlier today although 44 for 5 remains the same).

I have relatively little traffic in the area. I've used WifiInfoView and there are only two other alien networks.

Why has this started happening? And how does one fix the issue? Also grateful if wifi optimisation could be turned off on the router.

24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi Sebastian,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Just to add, I did test this with my own apple devices but couldn't replicate the same issue.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi Chris,

New router installed. Todo es bien en la casa de Sebastian8. Thank you for ordering the replacement router.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

New router (Sagemcom) installed. All is fine.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25
0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

And please likewise let me know if you work out what has gone wrong!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you. It's just so I can do some testing on my own apple devices to see if I am experiencing the same issue. Please let us know how the replacement router compares 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Sure. We’re running 17.5.1 on both iPhones and 17.4.1 on the iPad.

I did wonder if it was software incompatibility but, given the router has now entered ‘everlasting reset mode’, I’m more inclined to think it’s the router!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi Sebastian8,

Could I just ask, what version of software/IOS do you have on both phones please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

No problem, thanks 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Excellent, thank you Chris. I will update when arrived and installed.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

OK, I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Yes please.

I think we only got this replacement in March. Which reminds me, I appear to have been charged for the replacement and I need to ask for that back as advised at the time!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

OK thanks for trying that. I can send another router, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi Chris,

That appears to have made things worse!

The router appears to be stuck on a cycle of orange flashing dot. It goes c 50 then a blip then c 20 then a dash and repeats.

If I remember correctly, this happened to our last router which was then replaced.

Grateful if you could advise next steps.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

OK thanks. Could you try resetting the router to factory default settings - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi Chris.

I thought that had worked but unfortunately it has reverted to the same as before.

Any further ideas?

Sebastian

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi Sebastian8,

Your local area doesn't appear to have an issue with wifi congestion. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and monitor to see if the issue continues

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi Debbie. No. I have turned off 2.4 and I have the same issue. I should add, I have just discovered my iPad is also affected. All Windows laptops continue to work.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi Sebastian8

Can I just check, are you able to connect the phones to 5ghz?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Done.

0 Likes