cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Twelve days with no internet

Annam15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

So today I am on day twelve of no internet.

No help from talk talk and no future plan to help. 

It is an absolute disgrace.

I have been told to work from home but I can't!

My daughter missed two interviews. 

Why is the customer services for talk talk so terrible? And so very unhelpful? 

Amh
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Annam15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 15

Ok

Amh
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Annam15

Ok we will need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Annam15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 15

Yes we have a phone and have spoken to people on the phone. We have no internet connection

Amh
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have a phone connected as it would be worth testing to see if you possibly have a crossed line fault?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 15

Do you have a landline phone you can connect to the line, if so can you check to see if that is working normally and dial 17070, does this read back your correct phone number (i.e. the phone number shown in 'My Account') ?

0 Likes

Annam15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 15

The line has been tested already. We have had a new router sent. 

This is the problem we are going over and over the same thing.

No connection.

We have been saying this for over a week 

Amh
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Annam15

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line test is clear and the line is in sync.

Are you unable to connect at all or is the connection dropping?

0 Likes

Annam15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 15

Done

Amh

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 15

Hi Annam15

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

@Annam15, staff can't identify your account, which they need to do to help you. As @Skynet_TX mmentioned, you need to complete your community forum profile details. 

It's particularly important to add your Talktalk landline number by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Staff will reply on here - they are not on the forum at weekends but respond Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Annam15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Day fourteen

All tests have been done.

Customer services is terrible. 

Amh
0 Likes

Annam15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 15

Tested 

New router sent 

Amh
0 Likes

Annam15
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

All of this has been done over and over again and no one will help. It is now fourteen days. 

My daughter missed two interviews.

I can't work from home even though we have been told to. I have had to pay for extra data.

It is an absolute disgrace.

It is a breach of contract and I can't even speak to anyone helpful

Amh
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Annam15,

Presumably the support teams have taken you through checking things ? What light(s) do you have showing on the router ?

I'm sure you will have already checked these things but just in case :

• It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.
  • If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').
  • If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

Staff here on the community would also be able to look into this for you, but they only work normal UK office hours, so they won't be back here until Monday.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

They should then be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes