cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to access Cynergy Bank via the TalkTalk DNS server

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 65 of 65

I am unable to access the Cynergy Bank website (www.cynergybank.co.uk which has the IP address of 107.162.158.249) via my TalkTalk router. It appears your DNS server can't resolve the address. If I change the primary DNS server to 1.1.1.1 in my TalkTalk Super router then it can resolve the address OK, or if I put the Cynergy Bank IP address in my browser address bar it can access it. I would rather stay with the TalkTalk DNS primary server on 79.79.79.79. Please could you investigate. Thanks

0 Likes
64 REPLIES 64

Message 21 of 65

Hi Debbie and the team. I've just tried the Cynergy Bank website and I see that it's working now so it looks as if the technical team did identify the issue, whatever it was. Thanks for sorting that out.

Regards, Jim

Message 22 of 65

Hi Debbie,

My router is a Huwai HG635 Super Router; Hardware version: G.1.01; Software version: v1.14t

Regards,

Jim

0 Likes

Message 23 of 65

Hi All

Our Network Team have identified a potential issue and are investigating this further at the moment.

We will post back here as soon as we have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 65

I have the same problem. Unable to access Cynergy Bank since new year. Your colleague tried to remove the Security in my account and assured me this would let me access any web page. Not so, still no luck.

When is this going to be sorted? I am not as computer savy as some of the people on this thread and am without access to my savings account for the fith day now.

Are you going to pay compensation?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 65

Hi Jim_lineone

One thing we have found is this appears to be affecting older models of routers. Which router do you have? 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 65

OK good although IMHO they aren't going to help really, other than to show that the problem clearly lies with the resolution of the name to the IP address, not the route once the destination IP address is found.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 65

Hi Jim_lineone

Thanks for the trace routes, we are looking at this now.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 65

Well I'd be very surprised if a new router makes any difference. Might as well just permanently run using a different Primary DNS server from the TalkTalk one if the issue can't be resolved in the TalkTalk DNS server and save the planet from scrapping routers that can be made to work using a simple work around.

Anyhow, I've repeated the ping and traceroute tests using a command prompt so I can dump the outputs to file rather than capturing a screenshot of the output from the traceroute function provided by the router and sent the outputs to Michelle via a private message. Hopefully you received that OK Michelle.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 65

Hi alfie07

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 30 of 65

Thanks Michelle.  Yes, if you send me a replacement router and I can then update you and the rest of the group in terms of whether this resolves my problem, and potentially the problem for others too.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 65

Hi alfie07,

Just a thought before I raise this, would you like us to send a replacement router to see how this compares? I've tested both sites on a TT connection and they load fine for me.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 65

Thanks Michelle - I've updated details

0 Likes

Message 33 of 65

Hi alfie07,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number/account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 34 of 65

Yes please Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 65

Hi alfie07,

Would you like us to arrange for someone from our Faults Team to contact you directly?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 36 of 65

Hi Jim.  Thanks for helping me distinguish between the TalkTalk router and DNS server - I am clearly beyond my technical limits and was conflating the two.  Thanks also for providing the traceroute information, which I was unable to do.  I originally thought the problem was with Cynergy and have raised it with them.  Then it began to dawn on me that the issue may be with TalkTalk and this was confirmed when I asked friends using other internet providers if they could connect to Cynergy, which they could.  I wonder how many other TalkTalk customers are still thinking there's a problem with Cynergy or Secure Trust - and perhaps other sites similarly impacted.  Hopefully Michelle can resolve this soon.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 65

Hi Jim,

Thanks. Would it be possible to send me the pings and traces again but just as plain text and not as an image please as I'm unable to copy the image from the PM to pass to the team.

Please send this via PM again only.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 38 of 65

I have by private message. I sent traceroutes to cyergybank.co.uk with the Primary server set to 79.79.79.79 (no route since it couldn't find cynergybank.co.uk), 1.1.1.1 and by addressing the bank by it's IP address in my browser. Both of those found the same route. Hopefully she received the screenshots of the traces.

Message 39 of 65

If any of you can send a traceroute as requested earlier to Michelle I am sure that will help. 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 65

I suspect you may be right. I use a mix of of Google and Open DNS and I have just checked Cynergy Bank, no problem. This does point to an issue with TalkTalk DNS servers. 

0 Likes