cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to access remote desktop

cjwatkins21
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Similar to some others on this channel, as of yesterday I am not able to access several remote desktops using my Talk Talk internet. I am however able to access them on mobile wifi hotspot.

All of my smart plugs have also disconnected and are not controllable on mobile so I wonder if this might be connected.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

Glad I was able to help.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

cjwatkins21
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Hi Kari, thanks for your help, the new router is working for remote desktops now. I'll post back the old router now too.

Thanks

Calum

0 Likes

cjwatkins21
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Karl, the new router has arrived and I can now connect to remote desktops again. I'll post back the old router.

Thanks

Calum

Message 4 of 9

Hi

I've a different model hub on the way to see if this will help.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

cjwatkins21
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Skynet_TX ,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I have a Sagemcom Router and it is version SGK100130 and I'm using the Windows VPN client.

The smart plugs I think are a separate issue and seem to be working again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi cjwatkins21

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Are these remote desktops in your home & you are trying to access them from the internet and they used to work? If so, has your router been allocated a new public (WAN) IP address? Alternatively in line with what @Skynet_TX has said about VPNs, are you trying to access remote desktops out on the internet from home?

One other thing linked to VPNs the latest Patch Tuesday update for Windows 10 & 11 has broken the internal Windows VPN client if you use that.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @cjwatkins21,

What model of router do you have, is it the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub, if so go to http://192.168.1.1/ and see what 'version' it is showing towards the bottom of that login screen. If it shows SG4K100130 then that is a brand new firmware version that is known to have caused issues with VPN access for some users, especially users using the built in Windows VPN. What VPN / Remote Access software are you trying to use.

However I've not heard of any issues with this new firmware that would affect your smart plugs.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

0 Likes