cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unannounced Sagecom FAST 5364 firmware upgrade - no connection through built-in switch

crustyg
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Last April you delivered an unannounced firmware upgrade to my router/switch/WiFi-AP.  It connected on your side (so was considered a success) but failed to pass packets through so was useless.  Once I posted on the community someone said 'Oh there's a slightly later firmware, would you like it?' and as soon as it was installed my edge device worked again.

I'm just back from some weeks away and TT have done it again - another unannounced firmware upgrade and again my Sagecom edge device doesn't pass packets.  I had wondered why I couldn't connect to my CCTV security system.

It really is very unprofessional to just shove out firmware upgrades and assume everything will work ok - but last time I made this complaint the response was 'no-one else has been affected!'  And yet there was another f/w release already ready, strongly suggesting that someone knew of an issue.  I was on SG4K100136 and now at SG4K100158.  Not happy that a) you've done it again, b) that I'm paying for a service that I don't receive.

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20