cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Use router in default configuration

stefrunner
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I'd like to use my Talktalk router in default configuration, disable wifi and set a new IP address so I can use a new router connected by ethernet. I have no idea what I'm doing, very non tech. So, apologies if the language or explanation is wrong. I am currently logged into router admin and trying to fathom how to disable wifi etc. Any help is appreciated. 

End goal is to have a new router set up (TP Link 3000) and have different networks. Private, guest etc.

Thanks in advance

Stef

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

No, it can't be anything, you need to abide by the rules of IP networking, it must be an address on a different subnet. What is the IP address & subnet mask of your TP-Link?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

stefrunner
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

@KeithFrench Not sure on new IP address? can it be anything? if so would 192.168.1.12 be possible for the TT router? it is a ‎Sagemcom ‎FAST 5364-3

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @stefrunner 

Thanks for creating a thread for this. What IP address did you want in the TT router and most crucially what make/model is it?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes