cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Resolution issue

GarethOC1995
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi everyone!

I currently work from home, and over the last 18 months I've been able to connect to my workplace without any issue. However, in the last few days a really frustrating has cropped up.

Whenever I connect to my VPN, I get an error message saying "The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution". My employer said it's not an issue on their end, and that I should contact my ISP!

It's worth mentioning that sometimes it will let me in for around 30 mins to and hours, but always kicks me right back out, with the above error shown when I try to reconnect. Could anyone shed any light on this? Do I need a new router, or is it something else?

My router version is SG4K100130 / Device Ver: FAST 5364-3.T8

VPN Client:   CISCO AnyConnect

Don't know where to find the firmware version on the dashboard, sorry!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Gareth

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the quick reply, Debbie!

Unfortunately not, I'm afraid. The router appears to be be randomly resetting itself, and flashing orange every few minutes😞

It was doing this randomly, yesterday too. Could this be an issue with the weather? Or is my router just toast.

[UPDATE] I've arranged for an engineer to visit me tomorrow. Thanks for your help, Debbie. Hopefully this will resolve the issues.

Thanks - Gareth

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi GarethOC1995

Apologies for this.

I've made a change to the router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie