cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN being blocked by router

Sam Guymer
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I am experiencing issues connecting to the VPN. I have tried to resolve the issue with my IT team at work and we believe the issue is the router blocking the access to VPN. 

Please can this be looked into asap, I have spent all of my working day trying to resolve the issue. 

S.Guymer
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Sam

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

Sam Guymer
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Just tested and the vpn is working now. Thank you!! 

S.Guymer

Message 3 of 8

Hi Sam

Thank you 🙂 All updated, please can you retest?

Sam Guymer
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie, thanks for coming back to me. 

I have added my landline to my community profile, under personal notes. 

If you could update ASAP, that would be great. Thank you.

S.Guymer

Message 5 of 8

Hi Sam

Apologies for this. Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

When would be the best time for me to update your firmware? 

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This shouldn't take any longer than 15 minutes.

Thanks

Debbie

Sam Guymer
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for your response and help. I have added the information you stated to my community page. Hopefully someone from TalkTalk can resolve my issue tomorrow morning. 

S.Guymer

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Sam Guymer,

What model of router do you have ?

What firmware version is it running (you may be able to see the 'version' at the bottom of the router login screen at http://192.168.1.1/)

What VPN software do you use, or do you use the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.