cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN has stopped working

ClareM12
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I can see many messages on this forum with people having the same problem.  I have a windows vpn configured to work with a customer which has worked fine for years.  I came to do some work for them today and it has stopped working.  I know it is it the router because I can connect my laptop to my mobile in hotspot mode to bypass the router and the vpn works fine.

From the other entries on this forum there does not appear to be anything I can do until somebody at TalkTalk gives me a new firmware version or sends me a new rourter.  My router is showing as hardware version = FAST5364 3.00 and software version = SG4K100136.

Please help.

Clare

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @myerl

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I am having the same VPN problem with my TalkTalk router in that VPN no longer works since 5 May. 

The router is showing as hardware version = FAST5364 3.00 and software version = SG4K100136.

Please can you update the firmware to fix the problem as TalkTalk have sent me a replacement router, but the issue is not resolved, hence Firmware update seems to be the only solution.

Many thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

I am having the same problem with my TalkTalk router in that VPN no longer works since 5 May.

Are you able to upgrade my router with the correct Firewall

Thanks

Myer

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Clare

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

ClareM12
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

That has fixed the problem.   Thank you for doing the update so quickly.

Message 6 of 9

Hi Clare

Thanks for reply 🙂

This has now been updated, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

ClareM12
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Yes, please go ahead and make the change.

Thanks,

Clare

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Clare

Apologies for this.

Will it be ok if I make a change to your router firmware now?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes