cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN help

Charlotte5775
Participant
Message 30 of 30

Hello, this is a final attempt at finding help from talk talk regards my VPN issues. My VPN has always worked fine - around 3 weeks ago it suddenly stopped. I have internet connection and my VPN works elsewhere just not at home. After many lengthy conversations, Talk Talk reluctantly sent me a new router which has made no difference. I have lost 3 weeks worth of hours as I work from home and am now in desperate need of assistance. Our IT department at work have exhausted all options and as my VPN connects everywhere BUT at my home, it has to be an issue with Talk Talk. PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30
0 Likes

Charlotte5775
Participant
Message 22 of 30

Yes ok, I was asked to do this last week but will try again now

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

OK thanks. Could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. 

Chris

0 Likes

Charlotte5775
Participant
Message 24 of 30

Yes, I get  

“A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed”

0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

Thanks,

We don't get many customers reporting VPN Issues with the router you currently have, what happens when you try to connect to your VPN, do you get an error message?

Chris

0 Likes

Charlotte5775
Participant
Message 26 of 30

Done

0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

Thanks Charlotte but could you also please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number so that we can locate you on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

Charlotte5775
Participant
Message 28 of 30

Thank you- I would really appreciated some help. It is now updated.  

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 29 of 30

Hi Charlotte,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your VPN, can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes