cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Blocked - URGENT Support needed

Amyll
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hello,

My partner is unable to work from home as the VPN is blocked. I can see from the threads that this has happened to a number of people and they have been sent new routers? Please can i have a new router sent to rectify this? My partner has now had to take the day off work as he cant access the VPN. I have phoned but offered no support

Thank you

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Amyll
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 11

Hi Debbie,

same issue has happened again. Please can you fix asap? Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Amyll

I'm so glad to hear that this now working.

Our Products Team will be testing the next firmware for this issue before any future firmware updates are rolled out.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Amyll
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

Hi Debbie, 

Thanks so much, it has worked! How can we make sure this doesn’t happen again? 

thanks! 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Amyll

Thank you 🙂

The firmware has now updated, please can you retest and let us know how you get on?

Debbie

Amyll
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Hi Debbie,

Yes please, that would be great. Please let me know when to check if it has worked. Thanks so much! 

Message 6 of 11

Hi Amyll

Thank you 🙂

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, will it be ok if I do this this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Amyll
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hi Debbie,

thanks for getting back to me. I have added this to my profile. Thank you! 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi Amyll

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Amyll,

As @martswain says, the support team here won't be around over the weekend, there may be someone around for a little while on Monday, but it will more likely be Tuesday.

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub you probably don't need a new router, the support team here would be able to update your firmware to resolve the issue.

If you don't have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then can you let us know what router you do have, and what VPN software you are using.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

@Amyll as it is now a Bank Holiday weekend there may not be any staff support until Tuesday, although there is occasionally someone in on a Saturday.

Please update your profile with your name and TT landline number so staff can identify your account, only they can see those details.