cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN not working

ane1234
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi 

I need VPN to work from home. The IT team from my work checked my connection today and they advised that the PPTP connectivity does not work (albeit the settings show PPTP setting as allowed in the talk talk settings) VPN connection error states the error is related to internet service provider or router. 

Can you please help 

Thanks, Anna

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Anna

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

If you were to browse to http://192.168.1.1/ then that will take you to the login screen for your router. If you do have the Sagemcom then it will say that at the bottom of the box on the right hand side of the screen.

If you have now filled in your TalkTalk landline number in your community profile, the support team here will be able to identify your account anyway, and so they will be able to now see what type of router you have.

ane1234
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi

I DONT KNOW WHAT Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub IS perhaps you can clarify or tell me how can I find out if I've got it or not. 

I updated my profile with the requested info. 

I am not sure if the VPN is the built in windows - I know that the windows used is Windows 10 and the VPN address is PPTP. I hope this is sufficient, I can ask further questions the IT team from my work if you need more specific info.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Anna

Apologies for this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @ane1234,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing some router settings, they will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).