cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN router issue

Mick_D
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I recently upgraded to Sky Q and when being installed, the engineer reported a number of problems that led me to request a new router. I received a new Sagecom router.

Since I plugged the unit in I have had problems connecting to my work VPN. there is a message

"The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed. The most common cause for this failure is that at least internet device (for example, a firewall or a router) between your computer and the VPN server is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) protocol packets. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider."

The workplace IT guys has pointed to the router as being the root cause ( accidental pun)

Apparently there is a firmware solution to this.

I have a second problem in that Sky make periodic calls to my new Sky Q box to ensure it is where it should be. I lost my internet based service after a few weeks and it seems that Sky could not get through. An engineer came out and blamed the router firewall.

How can these issues be resolved please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Mick

That's great 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Mick_D
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie

Seems to be sorted - well the VPN issue is 🙂

I will need to wait and see if Sky can do their bit

Many thanks

Message 3 of 6

Hi Mick

The router firmware has now updated to version 158.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Mick_D
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi. Yes please

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I Can update the router to the later firmware version 158, would it be ok to push this now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes