cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN

AFK80
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

I have suddenly started getting an issue with using the VPN for remote working. It worked fine before but now I keep getting an error message 619 cannot connect to remote computer. My IT department have found no issues and have said it is a problem with my router or Internet. Please can anyone help?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi AFK80

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Debbie

This looks like it is working ok again now. Thanks for your help 

Message 3 of 19

Hi AFK80

Apologies for this.

I have changed the FW back again. I will feed this back to our Products Team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi, I have started having the same issue again with not being able to connect with the vpn. Has something changed again as it was working fine before? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi AFK80

That's great news, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Debbie. I have just retested and I have connected ok with no issues. Thanks very much for your help 👍 

Message 7 of 19

Hi AFK80

Thanks for your reply.

The FW has now been updated, please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi Debbie. You can try the FW change first please.

Thanks

Message 9 of 19

Hi AFK80

Thanks for your reply.

I can update your router to a different firmware version or I can send a different make and model of router.

Would you like me to try the FW change first?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 19

Ok, it may be possible for the team here to update some settings on your router to resolve the VPN issue, if not (and if they do think this issue has been caused by the firmware upgrade) they should be able to arrange a replacement router of a different type for you. They should be able to respond to this post early next week.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi, thank you. Yes it does say SG4K100130 when I log in.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 19

Hi @AFK80,

The staff here probably won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help further.

If you browse to the router login screen at http://192.168.1.1/ then towards the bottom of the screen it will show you what firmware version your router is using, can you see if it says SG4K100130 ?. This is a new version of firmware that has only started rolling out recently, and it has been known to cause VPN related issues for some customers.

Message 13 of 19

It is a sagemcom router

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

OK thanks. Could I just ask, which router do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

I have updated my details now

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

OK thanks. Could you update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi, it started last week. I had no issues when working from home last year but I am wanting to work from home again and it won't connect. I'm not sure what VPN client we use sorry

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi AFK80,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your VPN, which VPN client are you using? Is the problem only started today?

Chris

0 Likes