cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WIFI Channels keep changing channels running slow

Welshy_Pete
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hello my WIFI channels keep changing even when I pick a number. The internet slow and needs to be sorted out. When I pick a number its fast again but keeps changing. The people on the phone TalkTalk don't have a clue how to do WIFI optimisation switching it off.

This is a setting TALKTALK has to switch of with WIFI Optimisation.

I include a old link to the same problem.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Wi-fi-Optimisation/td-p/2452760

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Welshy_Pete

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hello Debbie the internet works much better now thanks a big improvement on the speed and connection.

The channel number for 5 days stays on the ones I pick now far better thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 7

Hi Welshy_Pete

How's the connection been since the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Welshy_Pete

Apologies for this.

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Welshy_Pete
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hello I've added the information now so hopefully that will help and thanks for the update.

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Welshy_Pete unfortunately your request comes at the wrong end of the week and the man who can will be back on Monday. In the meantime please add your landline phone number to your community profile so that your account can be identified by the team here. Please don't post personal information here.

Bear in mind everytime your router firmware is updated the optimisation will need resetting. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.