cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi-Fi Connection always drops uploading a video to social media from mobile phone

ACandDP
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

We have the TalkTak Wi-Fi Hub s/w V1.05t (EchoLife DG8041W h/w v1.01) and for at least the past year or longer, every time i upload a video (even small ones) to Insta or TikTok or FB it starts to upload then disconnects on wi-if and then reconnects about 30 seconds later if I'm lucky. Not just my Galaxy S21 Ultra but the other phones in household too. I upload once a day and every time this happens and then it starts to eat up my mobile data while it has disconnected wifi. We can only get copper and not fibre here - but usually it is 30mb download and 5mb upload. This happens even if i am the only one in the house and nothing else connected.

New router required or can the admins change some router settings to make it work better and stop disconnecting the wi-fi?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi ACandDP

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

ACandDP
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Hiya Debbie - i have checked this and uploaded a couple of videos to several sites on my phone and all uploaded fine without dropping the connection so it seems like it has fixed the issue 🙂 - thank you (and Keith)

Message 3 of 9

Hi ACandDP

How's the connection been? If you are still experiencing this issue then we will need to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9

Hi ACandDP

Thank you, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

ACandDP
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Debbie - i can see the firmware is now v1.08 and shall test it tomorrow and let you know - thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi ACandDP

I'm really sorry about this.

Please can you test this again this morning and let me know how the connection compares?

ACandDP
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Thanks Keith - will check after the firmware upgrade and will post my results soon afterwards 🙂

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

In the user log I expect there are some entries called kernel panics, the router needs a firmware upgrade to V1.06. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and do this for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?