cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi disabled from hub. WiFi hub disabled does not activate

Samsm188
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi guys for the past hour and a half I have been stressing as there was no WiFi. I was following talktalk instructions (see pic) trying to improve my WiFi connection to my phone. I ended up clicking disable to band 1 2.4ghz as it said try the second band as that was 5ghz. Anyhow that's when it all started it froze then bam no internet. I tried EVERYTHING support was closed it was 2:30am. Nothing worked and no-one had a simple solution. I had connected my laptop via cable from router to access internet settings. In the end I thought no harm let's reset router mind you I had turned it on/off a few times. At the back of your router there is a small hole. Get a pin and push it in and hold. You will feel like you pushed a button. I held it down for 30 seconds. I literally had no hope after the lights settled WIFI CONNECTED. I rather have poor speed then none so I'm not trying anything alone again. I will attach some very poor quality pics to give you an idea of what when on.

Screenshot_2023-12-30-02-20-24-60_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

IMG20231230034557.jpg

IMG20231230034745.jpg

IMG20231230034759.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Samsm188

Have you tried the factory reset? (pin hole reset)

Thanks for your help @KeithFrench 

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

There is a bug in firmware V174 in the WiFi hub that when either WiFi band is disabled, they do not recover correctly when re-enabled. The only way around this currently is to perform a factory reset of the router's configuration. This can either be done via the reset pin on the back near the power connector, or in the GUI by going to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Resets

Then choose the Factory settings reset.

I can subsequently help a lot with WiFi performance.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others. If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?