cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi won't turn on

jasonporter12
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

My WiFi router turned off suddenly last night and won't turn back on. I've tried resetting it and turning it off, then back on again after 30 seconds. It was shipped to me last Thursday, is brand new, and has not been damaged since it got here. Could you advise is there another course of action I can try to turn it back on or do I need a new router/power supply and, if so, can you send me one?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi jasonporter12

Ok no problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you very much Debbie! Just to clarify, though, the problem isn't with its connection - it isn't turning on at all.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi jasonporter12

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your current router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 6

Thanks so much for the help! I tried resetting the router but that did not fix the problem, so I've updated my profile with the details you mentioned and I'm hoping a staff member will see this tomorrow and can send me a new router as soon as possible!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @jasonporter12,

If you have tried a factory reset (by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds), and you still can reenable Wi-Fi, then the router is faulty. The staff here on the community will be able to arrange a replacement for you.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you need them.