cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Access denied / connected - no iterner Huawei P30 Pro

DamianPLEvans
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Quite frequently my Huawei P30 Pro loses internet connection, and checking the wifi I have the message "Access denied".  Sometimes the phone is connected to the router, but won't connect to the internet, and upon checking the wifi settings I have the message "connected - no internet".

The router itself continues to display a solid white light throughout.  I have also tried splitting the SSIDs but same thing happens on 2.4ghz and 5ghz.  I do not have any issues on other wifi connections, including at my parent's house who also have talktalk.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Hi @DamianPLEvans 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. When this next happens on your phone, please can you find these IP parameters & let me know what they are (you may well have to Google how to find this information). The parameters I need to know are:-

• IP address (typically something like 192.168.1.25)

• Subnet mask (normally 255.255.255.0)

• Default gateway (normally 192.168.1.1)

• DNS server (normally 192.168.1.1)

A simple way to find this to install the WiFi Analyser app by Farproc:-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_GB 

This is an Android app, but the spec for your phone says that its OS is based on Android V9, so I have no idea if it will run or not.

If it does run OK, the information that I require when the phone is connected but has no internet access can be found by going into this app and tapping on the AP View, then turn the phone into landscape orientation & all of this information is displayed down the LHS.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

@KeithFrench - Would you be able to provide any advice on the wireless connection please?

Thanks