cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wierd 'complaint' text messages from TalkTalk

Parksyde
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I had a poor experience renewing my service with TalkTalk so I gave them a poor review.

Since then I've been getting emails from them saying they are going to contact me about my 'complaint' even though I haven't raised one formally. However, the allotted time passes without contact and then I get a new text with another date when they will contact me.

Is this a scam or are they really this incompetent? Why make an appointment, fail to keep it and then make another one.

I've waited in anticipation 3 times now and I'm getting a bit sick of it.

All I can think is that they try to call the landline number for my account which isn't connected to anything (surely they can tell that) rather than my mobile which is where they send the texts.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Our complaints team will now ask you to confirm two characters of the telephone enquiry password, when they make contact. 

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Well the agent would only accept details of my bank account or a telephone password which I don't have  (I eventually found out how to set one up).

She didn't speak very clearly so it was difficult to grasp what she was saying but she would not ask any other security questions

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Parksyde,

We would never ask you to confirm your full password and will only ask for two characters of the telephone password. If there's no password registered, we will ask additional security questions, providing we're speaking to the named account holder.

Unfortunately, we're unable to discuss account specifics or provide updates regarding your complaint without verifying your account.

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Oh, and I checked the speed of this wonderful Fibre65 service that I was forced to have. The best I could get out of TalkTalk's own speed checker was 21Mbps! No surprise there.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Well finally, they called, two hours later than they said (probably because the caller was in a different time zone).

Then they wouldn't discuss my 'complaint' unless I gave bank details and passwords which I'm certainly not prepared to do in this day and age.

Does no one at TalkTalk care?

I'm seriously considering cancelling the contract now and trying a competitor, they can't be worse!

Message 6 of 12

Well, here we go again. I got a text saying they were going to call today between 10 and 12. Guess what - they didn't call (again). That's 4 times and counting.

If they can't work out how to use a telephone just get them to email me.

Message 7 of 12

Hi Parksyde

You do have a complaint open regarding a "one click" offer Agents are calling the landline I have added a note advising to call the mobile. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

Message 8 of 12

Profile updated with a/c.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

The only response on Trustpilot is about how to check for genuine emails.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Parksyde

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Often you will see a clear response from staff in reaction to a review on eg Trustpilot, @Parksyde. Is there no formal reply on the review site?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes